Saturday, November 19, 2011

Award Winner

I've been making visual images for over 30 years, primarily through photography. I've posted many of them on my Hudson Artworks website (www,hudsonartworks.com) as well as on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/HudsonArtworks). I've made images for personal satisfaction, not for notoriety or for money. I had never entered a photo contest or art show before.

Recently the city where I live held an art show, and on a whim I decided to enter. Each participant could enter up to three pieces of work. Not thinking much of it, I decided to enter. I selected three pieces and turned them in. I never even went to the show itself, which lasted a week.

After the show was completed I received a call from the organizers asking me to come and pick up my entries. When I picked up one of my photos, I noticed it won an award for Honorable Mention.


The photo is of an old church in northwestern North Dakota. It has been years, if not decades that this church held its last service. The stark beauty of the church against the bleak, empty prairie was a scene I could not pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment